The Plug-and-Play Data Server for Web and Mobile Applications
- Provide live-streaming, real-time market data to web and mobile users with guaranteed deliverability and 100% uptime.
- A fully customizable solution, yet no time to engineer, develop, and test a solution. As any developer knows, creating a robust, high-performance data server requires hundreds if not thousands of hours of development and testing.
Our all-new Super WebSocket Data Server simplifies the delivery of real-time and historic market data to web and mobile applications, enabling your server-side C# code to push content to your HTML5, iOS, and Android clients, as live market data is updated in real-time.
WebSocket is a protocol which provides full-duplex communications channels over a single TCP connection. The WebSocket protocol was standardized by the IETF as RFC 6455 in 2011, and the WebSocket API in Web IDL is being standardized by the W3C.
WebSocket communications are done over TCP port number 80, benefitting environments which block non-web Internet connections using a firewall. WebSocket protocol is currently supported by several browsers, including Google Chrome, Internet Explorer, Firefox, Safari and Opera, as well as via by the latest mobile devices.
Our Super Web Socket Data Server is available with complete development libraries. Using the Google Chrome Developer Tools, developers can inspect the WebSocket handshake, as well as the WebSocket frames, with the included HTML5 example application.
Our support team will help you setup, compile, and run the data server. We provide support services through desktop sharing, skype, phone, email and live chat.
High priority developer support is available 24/7/365 to assist, should problems ever arise.
Super High Performance
Based on our high-performance MyExchange communications engine, which powers stock exchanges, the Super WebSocket Data Server can store and broadcast real-time and historic market data to up to 10,000 simultaneously connected web and mobile clients per server. The server is also scalable. Your backend can scale horizontally, as needed.
The Super WebSocket Data server is not a weekend project. Our engineers worked for two years to develop MyExchange, upon which, our Super WebSocket Data Server is based. They re-wrote the code-base multiple times before settling on a final design, which we believe to be the simplest, most powerful, and most scalable solution possible.
You can customize the data server to suit your needs. The code is very modular and extensible. It can be customized to stream any type of data. The data server was designed to help save you time and reduce your time to market.
Historic Market Data
Handling historic market data can be tricky business. Your users may request historic market data in multiple timeframes such as 1-minute, 5-minute, 15-minute, hourly, and daily intervals. The Super WebSocket Data server handles all of these requests. Real-time market data is stored on the server side while simultaneously being broadcasted to your clients. This way, your users will receive real-time market data, while still enabled to receive historic market data when necessary.
Historic market data can be collected from a pre-existing historic database or from your real-time data feed source.
If you need to prime your historic market database, we provide historic market data, in multiple time frames, for futures, forex, stocks, options and other asset classes.
More Than Just Market Data
The data server can also be used to stream real-time data of any type, such as social media data, instant messaging, application communications, and much more. The solution is perfect for all web and mobile back-end data transmission requirements.
- Hot, Swappable Connections and Data Feeds.
- Includes Barchart.com and simulated example Data Feed adapters.
- Works with MS SQL Server – can be switched to MySQL or Oracle.
- Uses NLog for advanced logging.
- Supports multiple connection services such as WCF, CAP, and SuperWebSockets.
- Ships with detailed developer documentation and programming examples.
- Easy and quick setup to get you up and running in minutes.
- Includes high priority remote desktop tech support.
Get Started with the SWS Data Server >
- Q. Does the data server come with an administrator program? A. Yes, it comes with a WinForm based admin panel, which allows you to create users, manage and delete accounts, view connected clients, view a log, and more.
- Q. Which third party libraries are used in the data server? A. DDFPlus.dll (for Barchart.com data), NLog, log4net, Newtonsoft JSON, and SuperWebSocket.
- Q. Does the data server require an SSL certificate? A. Yes, unless you disable SSL (not recommended).
- Q. What programming languages do I need to know in order to use the data server? A. You only need to know C# to customize, compile, and install the data server.
- Q. Does the data server come with test units and an architecture diagram? A. Yes.
The data server can be hosted on any Windows Server. Your clients can access your data service using regular http or https with SSL. It comes with built-in security and client access policies.
Why Choose Modulus?
Modulus is a financial technology company. While that may not sound like a real differentiator, it is. It means that our solutions come from our years of experience in the financial technology industry. Our products and services are provided by developers and engineers who have first-hand trading experience. Everyone here at Modulus speaks your language.
Read more about us.